MFA Enrollment Instructions
Multifactor Authentication – (MFA) is a security level that verifies a user’s identity
by requiring multiple layers of authentication.
YOU WILL HAVE 2 OPTIONS OF HOW YOU WISH TO AUTHENTICATE YOUR LOG ON, CONTINUE HERE FOR
OPTION 1 OR PROCEED TO PAGE 8 FOR OPTION 2
❖ OPTION 1 – authentication by phone call – a call will be directed to your phone; on your phone you will
follow the automated voice to select the pound (#) sign to confirm.
❖ OPTION 2 – mobile app – download authenticator app on your mobile phone, you will receive a
notification to choose an approval status.
Enrollment using a phone call (OPTION 1)
1. Navigate to this website: https://aka.ms/mfasetup
On the Login screen, enter your nyc.gov email (email@example.com)
2. After you have entered your email address, you will be redirected to another login site, here
confirm your email address and input your password
3. You will get prompted for additional information required. Click Next
4. Select Authentication phone.
5. Select Country Region: (United States (+1)
6. Enter your number (mobile or landline) and click Next.
Phone numbers must be
formatted with dash
7. The system will attempt to call your phone number.
8. You will get a call on your phone that will require you to enter the pound (#) sign. Once done
the call will automatically hang up, and your computer screen will display “Verification
successful” click done
APPROVE SIGN IN REQUEST